You love cheering on your favorite team at home, but have you ever traveled with them? Traveling to see your favorite team is a great excuse to explore a city you have never visited before. It is perfect for creating memories as a family or getting together with old friends.
I went to my first away game on May 30, 1983. I traveled to St. Louis with my mother and grandmother on a Rosie Reds tour bus. It was my first time traveling by bus, staying in a high rise hotel and cheering on the Reds as a visitor. Not only that, but it gave my family an opportunity to visit such landmarks as the Gateway Arch. I have carried on this tradition with my family by traveling to Baltimore, Boston, Seattle, Chicago, Milwaukee, Denver and New York to cheer on our beloved Redlegs.
My husband has made a tradition of football weekends with old friends. They have been to such great football stadiums as Arrowhead Stadium, Soldier Field and The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field.(Although in September it was not frozen!) Keep up with college friends by organizing trips to home and away college football and basketball games. And if you are lucky, follow your team to a bowl game or a Final Four.
We can help you with all of that! Flights, rooms, tours and even tickets! Just look at the schedule and let us plan a perfect weekend. And it is not too late. There are plenty of opportunities to travel for the rest of the year:
- The Reds travel to Denver 8/4-8/17. With Delta, Southwest and Frontier all offering direct flights it is easy to cheer on your team and enjoy all the urban and outdoor activities Denver has to offer.
- Milwaukee is a hidden gem. Watch the great sausage race at Miller Park or explore the museums, zoos and parks of this beautiful city.
- Cheer on the Reds against their division rivals at St. Louis’ Busch Stadium on 9/19-9/21. While you are there visit the Gateway Arch or tour the Anheuser-Busch brewery.
- The Buckeyes travel to new Big-10 rival Maryland on 10/04. Explore the Annapolis/Baltimore area. Ride a boat on the Inner Harbor or pick crabs in historic Annapolis.
- This may be the Bengals’ year (we say that every year) but get in on the action while cheering them on in such great destinations as New England (10/5), New Orleans (11/16) and Tampa Bay (11/30).
Whatever your team we can create a great trip!